|click below to download resume|
Data & Ontology Architect, 18 years industry experience at global financial institutions and consulting service providers.
Business Domain Analysis Finance – 18 years
- Investment & Commercial Banking, Capital Markets
- Credit, Market & Operational Risk, Regulatory Compliance, Trading & Settlement, Security Master, FI & FX, Derivatives, Accounting
Data Modeling Finance – 18 years
- Relational (OLTP, SOR), Dimensional (BI/ Data Warehouse), Conceptual (ontology)
- Design Tools: ERWin v9, PowerDesigner v16.5, InfoSphere Data Architect (IDA) v7, Sparx Enterprise Architect v10
- Databases: Oracle, DB2/UDB, Teradata , MS-SQLServer, Sybase, Informix
Semantic Web, Finance Ontologies – 4 years
- Protégé, Topbraid, SPARQL
- Financial Industry Business Ontology (FIBO).
January 2016 – present: Financial Regulation Ontology
Ontologist for FIBO implementation in Regulatory Compliance
Consulted US Hedge Funds and European Insurance on Semantic Compliance for Investment Adviser Act and Solvency.
- Published core Financial Regulation Ontology (http://finregont.com) and operational ontologies for banks, funds, hedge funds and insurances.
- Populated Legal Knowledge Interchange Format (LKIF) ontology with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and United States Code (USC).
- Extended Financial Industry Business Ontology (FIBO) loaded Securities & Exchange Commission Investment Adviser (form ADV & PF) data.
- Created XBRL ontology based on XBRL.org industry standard.
- Presented at FIBO 2017 Enterprise Data World conference.
May 2013 – December 2015: Deutsche Bank
Data & Ontology Architect for US regulatory compliance & Chief Data Office
Extended FIBO ontology for DB Market Data in Protégé Ontology Web Language (OWL). Created FIBO based ontology for Financial Resource (Asset Liability) Management.
- Reverse engineered relational data sources and map to business ontology utilizing Topbraid Composer and W3C D2RQ, SPIN standards. Piloted Oracle Resource Description Framework (RDF) triple store.
- Finance – Data Architect for US Regulatory compliance: Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR). Analyzed and mapped forms FR Y-9C, FR-Y14 data requirements
Extended Power-Designer logical data model, modeled workflows in Business Process Modeling Notation BPMN 2.0
September 2010 – March 2013: Citigroup – GTS, Global Transaction Services
Lead Data Warehouse Modeler
GTS’s Global Payments and Securities transaction services are a main revenue provider to the group and a major market player.
- Customized IBM Banking Data Warehouse Models for Assets under Custody, Statements, Receivables, Account Balances and Payments.
- Created ‘Kimball’ Dimensional mart databases. Conformed Dimensions for Customer, Account, Branch, Currency, Transaction Types..
- Optimized physical design for up to 1 billion row Fact tables, utilizing Oracle Bitmaps, Star Transformation and Aggregates.
- Queried Production Data for analysis, validation and trouble shooting..
November 2003 – August 2010: IBM Software Group
Banking Data Warehouse Consultant at international financial institutions.
The IBM Information Framework (IFW) provides the basis of IBM’s enterprise architecture and model based development.
Consulted at more than 20 Banks and FIs to implement the Banking Data Warehouse (BDW) & Financial Markets Data Warehouse (FMDW) Model:
- Supported implementation, education and sales at banks in North America (PNC, BOA, Wells Fargo / Wachovia, Scotia, BMO & NBC), Europe (Deutsche, HSBC, SEB, Bank Austria, Hanseatic, Russian Central Bank) and Asia (FCB, Kasikorn, KTB, and BCA).
- Participated in high-level meetings and presented to executives (CRO & CIO).
- Compiled and revised Statements of Work and project plans (MS-Project)
- Conducted IFW Education courses and user-workshops for Process and Data Modeling in Credit Risk (Basel II), Economic Capital, Market Risk, Operational Risk and Asset/Liability Management.
- Led Basel II Data Gap Assessments (DGA) at 3 banks for Credit Risk
- State Street the world’s largest custodian servicing 13 trillion in assets for institutional investors.
- Leading data modeling for Global Performance Analytics Security Master model
- Structured business requirements and designed 120 entity conceptual data model.
- Calculated efforts and compiled MS-Project plan, staffing org-chart.
- Basel II Implementation at Wachovia, 4th largest US bank.
- Leading a team of 10 Sr. Data Modelers from IBM, bank and vendors.
- Customizing and enhancing Teradata’s Financial Services Logical Data Model (FSLDM).
- Delivered 350 table detailed implementation data model for A-IRB Retail.
- Basel II data warehouse at Firstbank, China (ROC)
- Leading team of 15 modelers and mappers designing Banking Data Warehouse (BDW) for Standardized and IRB, corporate and retail exposures.
- Providing guidance and review for IBM IFW product development.
- Financial Market Process and new Financial Markets Data Warehouse (FMDW) data model
Annual BDW/FMDW Releases for regulatory compliance
- Created IBM spreadsheet for Basel II Data Gap Analysis
2004, 2005: Accenture
Project Manager for Basel II delivered functional & technical solution architecture for Credit Risk..
- January – March 2005: Korea Development Bank (KDB), government owned bank specialized in commercial & investment banking.
- March – August 2004: KB Kookmin, Korea’s largest retail & commercial bank.
Leading a teams of 10 Accenture consultants, working closely with the bank’s and MOW risk capital professionals. Presented to executives (CRO) and national banking supervisor (FSS)
Developed customized Basel II ERWin relational data model for capital calculation (80 entities) and dimensional model for regulatory reporting (50 entities).
Above “Korean” model replaced the standard Accenture Global Asset for Basel II engagements. Migrated initial MS Access based model to ERWin, added Asset Securitization Framework, Credit Risk Mitigation, Internal & External Ratings and Exposure classes.
August 1999 – October 2003 Credit Suisse First Boston (Investment Banking)
Data Architect design and improvement of the bank’s global database systems in an environment of over 500 databases and 12000 tables.
- Personally designed more than 1000 new tables (plus 600 changes to existing tables)
- 30 new databases of up to 80 tables; implemented redesign/changes/additions on more than 90 existing database systems. Designed operational (normalized) systems as well as DSS reporting systems (Data Warehouse/Star Schema).
- Analyzed Business in Credit & Operational Risk Management (Basel II database), Financial Control, Legal & Compliance, Investment Banking, Trading/Settlement systems, Securities, Corporate Reference data, Accounting (PeopleSoft/GL), Human Resources (PeopleSoft/HR)
- Integrated databases in post-merger of Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, DLJ..
- Guided development teams from New York, London, Zurich and Hong-Kong.
- Defined ISO Message Formats to standardize corporate inter-application communication
April 1999 – July 1999: JAYZED
Web-Site and Intranet development, contract maintenance, MS-FrontPage, MS-Access
January 1999 – March 1999: REUTERS/Sailfish (Market Risk Management)
Sr. Technical Engineer developed quality assurance database for KVAR+ Risk Management product
June 1998 – December 1998: German Stock Exchange (Trading)
Data Architect in a highly visible Client/Server project to provide Bonds Traders with value adding functionality and a windows front-end for Frankfurt Exchange’s XETRA electronic trading
June 1995 – May 1998: START Amadeus (Online Ticketing)
Database Developer developed accounting and statistic programs in largest national booking system for concert tickets and the EXPO 2000
January 1993 – May 1995: Management Data (Computer Aided Radio)
Product Manager, Programmer Analyst (Employee) designed automatic music scheduler.
June 1990 – December 1992: gfs (Systems Engineering)
Programmer Analyst (Employee) leading a team of 4 and developed a Database-Gateway.
October 1984 – April 1989: University of Hamburg, Major: Computer Science, Minor: Economics
July 1983 – September 1984: German Air Force, Military Draft, Private First Class
June 83: Gymnasium Uhlenhorst-Barmbek, ‘Abitur’ certificate and graduation diploma